by Isabel De Los Rios, Author of the Diet Solution Program
Are you one of the millions of people that is suffering from heart disease or even worse?Â Have already experienced a heart attack.
These days itâ€™s difficult not to meet someone who is either suffering from heart disease, has had a heart attack or has been told they are at risk for heart disease. Itâ€™s just about as common as meeting someone with brown hair. Unfortunately, the media and even many well-meaning doctors are completely misinformed on how to tackle this growing epidemic. Itâ€™s the number one killer in the US and plaguing many other countries as well.
What are we to do?
The best plan of attack is to combat the risk factors the best we can.
Use the following 5 tips to get you started on a heart healthy plan:
1. Drop the smokes. Yes, smoking has been shown to be one of the biggest risk factors in heart disease, mainly because of all the toxic chemicals added to cigarettes (not that Iâ€™m recommending tobacco or anything.)
2. Walk, walk, walk. If finding time for a structured exercise program is just too much of a challenge right now, just start by walking. I have known many people who have strengthened their heart and reversed severe conditions by getting outside and walking. If you can, find a scenic route. Thereâ€™s nothing more calming than the outdoors. (I highly recommend whistling and singing while you walk. It makes for happy thoughts.)
3. Calm down. By this I mean, donâ€™t stress about the stuff you donâ€™t have to. This is actually a very funny statement coming from me who used to stress about everything! Deadlines, laundry, work, familyâ€¦ you name it, I stressed about. Not until I realized that this would kill me no matter how healthy my food was did I drop the stress and pick up the laughter. Right now as I write this newsletter, Iâ€™ve got more things that need to get done today than are humanly possible. My reaction â€œHaha..better put my Superwoman shirt onâ€
4. Do not and I repeat, do not go on a low-fat diet. Your heart condition may get worse in your attempts. Drop the bad fats (like hydrogenated oil and the nasty oil in French fries and donuts) and start eating more healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, salmon, walnuts and whole organic eggs.
5. Do not be afraid to eat saturated fat. If read â€œThe Truth About Saturated Fatâ€ in The Diet Solution Program you know that eating saturated fats is not what is causing people to get heart disease. It is processed foods, sugars and an overabundance of refined carbohydrates that is making this country so sick. The whole saturated fats topic gets me so fired up, I even made a video to further inform you â€“ check it out here:
Even tackling each one of these tips one at a time will get you closer to a healthy heart and a lifetime of good health.
Learn how to take control of your own healthy by using these Healthy Weight Loss Tips.
Learn the Best Nutrition Information on the web.
Isabel De Los Rios is a certified nutritionist and exercise specialist who has alreadyÂ helped over 25,000 people all over the world lose incredible amounts of weight, regain their health and permanently change their lives. She is the author of Â The Diet Solution Program and the Owner of New Body â€“ Center for FitnessÂ and Nutrition in New Jersey. She has become the #1 â€œgo to girlâ€ when it comes toÂ Fat Burning Nutrition by several of the most popular fitness professionals aroundÂ the globe. Isabelâ€™s cutting edge and completely different approach to nutritionÂ is what sets her apart from all the rest. This approach has created results forÂ so many once frustrated dieters. Her strategies work, hands down, as long as herÂ simple principles are followed.